Cllr Liam O’Connor
My name is Liam O’Connor and I would like to introduce myself as a newly elected Councillor for the new Carrigaline Municipal District.
As a resident of Carrigaline, it is my aim to represent the local community by being your voice on Cork County Council. Employed locally as a Scientist in J&J, Ringaskiddy, I have embedded myself into the local community through my involvement in a variety of local and regional committees and organisations over the past number of years. These include:
- Carrigaline Tidy Towns Chairperson.
- Public Participation Network (PPN) secretariat member.
- Director in the Carrigaline Community Association.
- Member of the Carrigaline and District Lions Club.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee member.
There are many exciting plans for the Carrigaline Municipal Area over the next number of years, including new schools, housing developments, transport infrastructure, a central town plaza, and an improved streetscape. I believe I can be the strong voice that is required to ensure that these ventures are completed and that your needs are represented at County Council level.
- Developing services, facilities and amenities for young and old in tandem with housing developments, thus ensuring suitable and sufficient infrastructure for both urban and rural residents.
- Developing the local business sector by establishing a working group, the purpose of which would be to promote and develop new business and enterprise in the area.
- Supporting all community groups, to ensure that the benefits of all schemes and resources from Cork County Council are maximised.
- Promote a clean and healthy environment.
I am acutely aware of the issues and concerns held by those in the locality and I feel that I can be a strong new voice in this constituency.
Connect With Liam