John Fahey is a lifelong member of Fine Gael, and a member of South Tipperary County Council since 1999.
John believes that the most important issues for South Tipperary include:
- Housing policy and social development;
- Roads, transportation, and water services;
- Physical planning and the environment;
- Economic planning and development;
- Corporate affairs; and Cultural development.
John is a dairy farmer, and a former member of the National Council of the ICMSA. He has served as Tipperary County Secretary of the ICMSA, as a Board member for the IFAC, and as a member of the South Tipperary Glanbia Committee. He is a former Chairperson of the Killenaule Development Association.