Digital Media Officer
We are seeking applications for the position of Digital Media Officer based in Leinster House. The successful candidate will report to the Digital Media Specialist.
The successful candidate will be employed on a 2 year fixed term contract.
The Digital Media Officer will assist in implementing a multi-channel digital media strategy.
The candidate will have an understanding of online communications, including: social media, content creation, online advertising, email marketing, website design and search engine optimisation. The ability to create reports demonstrating measurable results is vital.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of a multi-channel digital media strategy.
- Coordinate a team of digital media volunteers to support online activity.
- Moderate and oversee relevant social media platforms and manage online discussions by listening and responding to users in a timely and authentic manner.
- Content creation, including video and graphic content.
- Webpage design & development ensuring SEO and UX best practices are adhered to.
- Managing external creative agencies and partners.
- Building and optimising online ads.
- Organising Facebook Live events.
- Utilise email marketing as an effective communications tool.
- Ensure consistent Party messaging is being used online and maintain close contact with the wider Party organisation in delivering this messaging.
- Edit, subtitle and post short videos on a weekly basis.
- The role will change as the needs of the Party change and you will be required to adapt to these changes.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualification in digital marketing, marketing, communications or a related field.
- Relevant experience across core digital platforms.
- Familiarity with one or more digital measurement tools, including Google Analytics.
- Experience using Facebook Ads Manager and Google Adwords.
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms, preferably Newsweaver/Poppulo.
- Highly proficient computer skills.
- Ability to edit and subtitle short videos.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of screen recording software.
- Comfortable working on both Mac and PC a plus.
- Photoshop/InDesign skills a plus.
- An understanding of current affairs and Irish politics a plus.
Interested candidates please apply with an up-to-date CV to email@example.com on or before 5.30pm on Friday 1st June 2018.
Fine Gael is an equal opportunities employer.