Graduate Political Administrative Officer – Fine Gael Headquarters
Are you looking to apply your skills to make a real and sustained positive difference in the community? Then this may be for you! If you’re a highly dedicated team player with great customer and administrative skills, who is up for a challenge, in addition to having a wide range of development and further opportunities open to you, then we want to hear from you.
Applications are now invited for the position of Graduate Political Administrative Officer with Fine Gael Headquarters. This is a full-time two-year position with the possibility for advancement. It will be primarily based in Dublin and report directly to the Head of Operations.
The person will primarily be responsible for administrative tasks across departments but will also be required to work with colleagues, members and volunteers to develop a range of initiatives and events to improve the organisation.
Finance and Compliance
- Advise and assist members of the parliamentary party and key volunteers with the preparation and completion of their annual and election compliance returns (training will be provided).
- Help to design, develop and implement tools, resources, workshops and processes to increase the Party’s compliance capacity.
- Support management with the preparation of accounts and reports as required.
- Assist the membership department during demanding times in the renewing of memberships, issuing of membership lists, preparation of communications including responding to member queries, mail merges, distribution of communications etc.
- Update and pull information from Party’s CRM as required.
- Assist with driving campaigns and providing a high level of customer service to members.
- Assist with general administrative duties as required.
- Assist the Head of Fundraising with the Party’s annual Superdraw.
- Build relationships with donors, in person at events, or over the phone.
- Prepare and manage communications with donors including responding to donor queries and ensuring compliance with key donation regulations (training will be provided).
- Help to develop and coordinate new fundraising initiatives.
Organisation and Other
- Research in relation to business, policy matters and current issues.
- Support the delivery of both in-person and online party events.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and work on initiatives that meet their needs.
- Attend and participate in a personal training programme.
- Any other related and appropriate duties as may be assigned by the Party.
The Person, Skills and Experience:
- A Graduate of any discipline (Business or Law preferred but not essential as long as you can focus on the business objectives).
- Honesty, trustworthiness and confidentiality is paramount.
- Be fluent English speaking with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and general computer skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise, use your initiative and problem solve.
- Flexibility to work the occasional evening/weekend.
- Friendliness and sense of humour.
- Excellent Customer Care skills.
- While you do not need to be a member of the Fine Gael Party, you should believe in the core values of Equality of Opportunity, Enterprise and Reward, Security, Integrity, Hope, Personal Liberty, Europe and Openness, Protecting the Environment and Compassion.
- Competitive salary – circa €30,000.
- Skills Development and Career progression opportunities.
- 27 days annual leave.
- Flexi-time policy.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their Cover Letter and CV (in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date 23:59 on Wednesday 6th April.
Fine Gael is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We make recruiting decisions based on your potential, skills and experience. We value your passion to make a difference in the community. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.