The Fine Gael Social Media House Rules
The Fine Gael Social Media House Rules apply across all official Fine Gael social media channels and to social media channels belonging to Fine Gael representatives.
Fine Gael Social Media Channels
Fine Gael’s social media channels are for those with an interest in the party to engage and learn about its political points of view, activities, and policies across National, Local, and European level.
Opinion & Debate
Fine Gael welcomes comments, posts, opinions and debate, and aims for its social media channels to be a quality environment in which users can engage.
Relevance & Respect
Fine Gael expects that users post content, commentary, and direct messages, that are both relevant and respectful, including towards other users.
Fine Gael does not tolerate the following:
- Obscene language: Comments or direct messages containing obscene language (either directly written or using numbers or symbols to replace characters)
- Defamation: Comments or direct messages that could be considered defamatory or containing unfounded allegations against any person, group, or entity.
- Misinformation & Illegal Activities: Comments or direct messages that are indecent, misleading, unlawful, or encourage unlawful activities.
- Advertising: Comments or direct messages that are advertisements for products and/or services.
- False Pretences: Comments or direct messages that are posted under false pretences Prejudice: Comments or direct messages that contain slurs or prejudice of any kind on the basis of… Race, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Sexual orientation, Heritage, Religious beliefs, Age, Disability, Ethnicity, Anything else that could be deemed offensive to an individual or group.
- Abuse: Comments or direct messages containing insults or abuse and/or threats towards Fine Gael representatives, party members, staff, volunteers, supporters, and/or other users affiliated with the party Unrelated Content: Comments or direct messages that are entirely unrelated to the posted topic.
- Spam or Trolling: Comments or direct messages that could be considered ‘spamming’, including repeatedly posting the same comment or direct message, trolling and/or the deliberate disruption of discussion and debate.
Terms & Conditions:
Breaching the House Rules:
Updating & Amending:
Fine Gael reserves the right to update and amend its Social Media House Rules at any time without notice.