Danny Byrne has been living in Dublin since 2005, and in Ringsend for the past number of years. Educated in The Tourism College. Killybegs and the IT Tallaght. He is a qualified Hotel manager and has held senior posts in The Shelbourne Hotel and The KIidare Street & University Club.
Danny returned to education in 2016. qualified as an estate agent and now works in a South City practice.
Danny is a member of the Poolbeg Boat Club & The RDS.
He is a volunteer with the St Vincent de Paul Society and a Peace Commissioner.
His Main priorities for Dublin City Council are:
- Improved Community Policing – more resources invested in local Gardaí/ community liaison officers
- Incinerator – air and water quality should be monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Street Cleaning – this should be more coordinated and stepped up following storms/ Autumn leaf fall
- Bicycle lanes – they need to be improved in the area and cycling made safer for all concerned
- The protection and preservation of green spaces/parks – which are already too little in the inner city area.