Cllr Shane O’Callaghan
Shane was elected Deputy Lord Mayor of Cork City Council in June 2020, and will hold that office for twelve months.
He was elected as a Fine Gael Councillor in the South Central Ward in the Local Elections in May 2019.
Whether you are raising a young family, travelling to work or college or enjoying your retirement, I want to ensure that Cork continues to be a great place for you to live.
I will work for the people for the full 5-year term, not just when an election is coming up. I will make sure that people will not be able to say that they only see me at election time.
I believe that it is vital that the area has a councillor from the Government party, to ensure that the area’s voice is properly heard at national level as well as at local level.
As a Barrister, speaking up for people in Court and negotiating on their behalf is what I have been doing on a daily basis for the last 13 years. I want to use these skills to represent you and the local area and to fight to ensure that the best services are delivered to the area.
- To ensure that the area gets its fair share of resources and local services.
- To inform residents about their legal rights and entitlements.
- To dramatically improve the condition and upkeep of the footpaths in the area.
- To vote against any proposal to increase property tax.
- To vote against any proposal to increase commercial rates.
- To help tackle the housing crisis by compulsorily purchasing derelict buildings in Cork City for use as housing.
- To provide support to small and medium enterprises in the locality.
- To maximise funding for local amenities, sports and community organisations.
- To help ensure that Cork leads the way by becoming the first City in Ireland to have a directly elected Mayor with executive powers.
Connect With Shane