Liam Madden was elected as a Fine Gael Councillor for the Mallow Electoral Area, in May 2019.
He has been a community activist all his life. Current Chairperson of Mourneabbey Community Council since 2011 and he has led multiple community organisations over the years. He believes strongly in the power of community spirit, and If Elected he intends to be the link between the County council and local organisations in the Mallow, and surrounding rural areas.
His main priorities are:
- Set up direct communication between local government and community organisations in each town and rural parish
- Play an active role within local government in the regeneration of Mallow Town
- Represent the best interests of communities with potential projects such as the M20, Mallow Relief Road and Nagle wind turbine Project.
- Work to provide proper and fair pre-planning guidelines for young couples applying to build a new house.
- Improve grant aid to community councils to improve community facilities
- Assist local farming organisations
- Commits to being a full time county Councillor working with local TDs and Senator to improve the community.