Councillor Tom O’Leary has worked on Fingal County Council for 7 years. Tom has lived in Skerries since 1963. He is married with three grown-up children. He has been active within the Fine Gael party for over 30 years.
Councillor O’Leary works as PA to the Fine Gael Seanad Spokesperson on Business Enterprise Innovation, and brings with him years of experience working alongside Ministers, government officials, project planning and public speaking.
In addition to local politics, Tom is involved in a number of community-based projects and groups. He is a member of the Skerries Community College Board, Fingal Joint Policing Committee and Fingal Planning and Strategic Infrastructural Special Policy Committee.
Tom’s priorities for Skerries include the following:
- New All-Weather Pitch at Skerries Community Centre for – GAA, Soccer and Athletics
- €650,000 All-Weather Pitch Project at Skerries Rugby Club.
- Skerries Community College – 6 new classrooms
- St. Michael’s House Special School – new 14 classroom school.
Tom’s Priorities for Balbriggan:
- Swimming Pool funded by Government & Council
- 900 New local Jobs on 70 acres of Council Lands
- St. Mologa’s National School New 16 Classroom School