Cllr Michael Foley
I live in Ballylongford with my wife and two children. I am now employed in full time politics for the past 12 years. I was Parliamentary/Ministerial Assistant to Jimmy Deenihan for nine years when he was Minister, Junior Minister and TD. Currently I am Ministerial Assistant to Minister Brendan Griffin TD, Minister for State at Tourism and Sport. I worked in both the Private and Public Sector where I gained a vast amount of practical experience and knowledge in both national and local politics. I am in contact with Local and Government Departments on a daily basis making representations on issues in Social Welfare, Medical Cards, Housing, Agriculture, Higher Education Grants and the Fair Deal Scheme to name but a few.
Working in the coalface of politics over the years I know the issues affecting the people of North Kerry. With your support I would like to bring this knowledge and experience to Kerry County Council and continue representing the people in my locality.
As your local Councilor I will work tirelessly for you to promote local issues and stand up for what matters
- Strive to increase funding for local roads.
- Change the Landscape Character Assessment adopted by Kerry Council which designated large tracts of North Kerry as having no particular merit in terms of amenity.
- Increase funding from Failte Ireland for The Wild Atlantic Way.Give positive support to all voluntary community groups and groups who participate in Tidy Towns.
- Greater funding for the County Enterprise Board of Kerry County Council to promote SMEs and Job Creation.
- Lobby to improve the Broadband and Mobile service in North Kerry
- Continue to demand better health services for you.
- Supporting the LNG Project on the Ballylongford/Tarbert landbank.