Cllr Kevin Duffy
Kevin is a native of Monasterevin. He is married to Lisa-Marie and they have two young children, Hamish (aged 5) & Edith (aged 2). They relocated back to Ireland in 2016 after living in Sydney for 10 years and are pleased to back living in Monasterevin close to family and in a community that has so much to offer.
Kevin’s Priorities for Kildare South
- To showcase South Kildare as a hub for business and innovation reducing the daily commute for people of the area
- To work with our local schools, staff and parents to ensure that they are adequately supported through infrastructure and resourcing.
- To work with Community Groups and business on urban regeneration and sustainability within our towns and villages
- To work with the Council on reducing housing waiting lists and utilising available housing in our locality
- To promote South Kildare as a tourism destination highlighting Kildare Town and the forestry & waterways of Monasterevin and Rathangan
- I am looking forward to representing the people of Monasterevin, Kildare and surrounding areas.