Cllr Olivia O’Sullivan
Olivia O’Sullivan was elected as a Fine Gael Councillor in the Limerick City North Electoral Area. A self-employed working mother of two, Olivia is a design graduate of Limerick School of Art & Design, LIT, and works primarily as a marketing and communications consultant as well being a local newspaper columnist.
She is very active in the promotion of local food, festivals and events. She worked for Limerick City of Culture 2014 on events such as the visit of the Giant Granny. Olivia is co-founder of Limerick Food Group, the Pigtown Culture & Food Series, and creator of the #eatinlimerick guidemap, social and website at eatinlimerick.ie
She grew up in Caherdavin on Limerick’s Northside, as did her husband, and their families are very active in the area. She is passionate about working for all of Limerick City North to enhance the local community and maximise the area’s potential.
Her priorities include:
- women and family – advocating for women’s issues and supporting families
- healthy living – promoting healthy and active lives in our communities for better outcomes
- supporting local business – promoting and ‘supporting local’ which is now more important than ever
- promoting Limerick’s food culture – celebrating our rich food heritage, local food producers and vibrant food scene
- arts and culture – promoting and supporting our cultural and creative communities