“I will be a strong advocate for local communities & local issues”
I am 43 years of age and married to Lorraine, we have 2 children attending Moyne C.S. who are in Leaving & Junior Cert years. We live in Edenmore in the parish of Dromard.
I worked in the construction industry for 20 years until the recession struck. In 2011 I was fortunate enough to gain employment with Longford Community Resources Clg (LCRL), while completing a BA Degree in Community Development & Business Enterprise.
I now co-ordinate the Tus initiative in County Longford for LCRL. which supports an extensive range of community groups and individuals and help to deliver vital services throughout the County, such as Village Enhancement Projects, Social Care and Charity Organisation Initiatives.
I am a Director of Leebeen Park, Chairperson of the Colmcille Area Development Group and an active volunteer with various local/charitable organisations. I have represented Longford & Colmcille on the field at all levels in the GAA. Since hanging up my boots, I now commit to mentoring players of all ages.
- Help Stem the Demise of Rural Longford/Ireland
- Gain Additional Supports for Local Youth and the Elderly
- Promote Mental Health & Well Being
- Roads and Rural Transport Systems
- Broadband for Homes and Business
- Make Representation on Behalf of Farmers I aim to Strive for Greater Supports for Local Farmers to Strengthen their Livelihoods and Options for Diversifying
- Promote Tourism and Jobs in County Longford
- Preservation of our Culture and Local Heritage