Cllr. Maria Murphy was first elected to Meath County Council in 2009. Maria works full-time in her role as a Councillor. She has lived with her husband Sean and 3 children in Dunboyne since 1998. Her involvement in many local organisations gives her a powerful insight into the needs of the Dunboyne community and the surrounding area.
She has a proven track record of delivering for the area.
Her priorities for the next 5 years include:
- Infrastructure : to promote sustainable development in the Dunboyne area, improved road safety, parking, footpaths, public lighting & access to public transport.
- Housing: to promote affordable housing schemes, increased grants for housing adaptions for the elderly, the disabled, & for energy conservation.
- Education: to build the permanent buildings for St. Peters N.S., Dunboyne College, St. Peter’s College ASD Unit and Stepping Stones Special School, Kilcloon.
- Policing: as a member of the Meath Joint Policing Committee she will lobby for increased number of Gardaí in the District with a focus on Community Policing.
- Environmental: additional recycling facilities in particular for bulky items & measures to deal with illegal dumping.