I live in Ballylongford with my wife and two children. I am now employed in full time politics for the past 12 years. I was Parliamentary/Ministerial Assistant to Jimmy Deenihan for nine years when he was Minister, Junior Minister and TD and subsequently served as Ministerial Assistant to Minister Brendan Griffin TD, Minister for State at Tourism and Sport. I worked in both the Private and Public Sector where I gained a vast amount of practical experience and knowledge in both national and local politics. I am in contact with Local and Government Departments on a daily basis making representations on issues in Social Welfare, Medical Cards, Housing, Agriculture, Higher Education Grants and the Fair Deal Scheme to name but a few.
Working in the coalface of politics over the years I know the issues affecting the people of North Kerry. With your support I would like to bring this knowledge and experience to Kerry County Council and continue representing the people in my locality.
As your local Councilor I will work tirelessly for you to promote local issues and stand up for what matters
- Strive to increase funding for local roads.
- Change the Landscape Character Assessment adopted by Kerry Council which designated large tracts of North Kerry as having no particular merit in terms of amenity.
- Increase funding from Failte Ireland for The Wild Atlantic Way.Give positive support to all voluntary community groups and groups who participate in Tidy Towns.
- Greater funding for the County Enterprise Board of Kerry County Council to promote SMEs and Job Creation.
- Lobby to improve the Broadband and Mobile service in North Kerry
- Continue to demand better health services for you.
- Supporting the LNG Project on the Ballylongford/Tarbert landbank.