Conor was elected to Laois County Council in his first Local Elections in 2019 at the age of 25, representing the Borris-In-Ossory/Mountmellick Municipal District, with a total of 1,548 votes.
Conor served as Cathaoirleach of Laois County Council in 2021/2022. During that time, he was the youngest Cathaoirleach in the country and he is the youngest-ever Councillor to be elected Chairperson of Laois County Council. He also served as Leas-Chathaoirleach the previous year, 2020/21.
He was educated at Roscrea Community College, University College Dublin (Honours BA degree in History & Politics and a Masters degree in Public Policy) and the Law Society of Ireland. He was actively involved in campus politics in UCD, serving as Chairperson of the UCD Young Fine Gael society.
Conor is currently a Trainee Solicitor with W.X. White Solicitors, based in Portlaoise. Conor previously worked as a Political Advisor to Charlie Flanagan TD during his tenure as Minister for Foreign Affairs & Trade and Minister for Justice & Equality.
As a Laois County Councillor, Conor is actively involved in:
- Chairperson of the Enterprise, Economic Development and Tourism SPC
- Member of the Joint Policing Committee, LCDC and Rural Water committee.
- Member of Borris-in-Ossory Tidy Towns/Community Development Association
- Member of Borris-in-Ossory/Kilcotton GAA
- Member of Borris-in-Ossory Playground Committee
Conor’s priorities as a County Councillor include job creation in County Laois, promoting regional & rural development, provision of high-speed broadband, supporting the agricultural sector and protecting important local Health services.
Conor is accessible at all times to constituents and as a County Councillor, he has been actively involved in many local projects including:
- Securing a Rural Regeneration Development Fund grant for the renovation of Borris-In-Ossory Courthouse as a modern community facility & digital hub.
- Delivery of a €250,000 new playground and multi-use sports area for Borris-In-Ossory, supported by Laois County Council.
- Funding for resurfacing many regional and rural roads in the Borris-In-Ossory/Mountmellick Municipal District, including the R445 (former N7) road.
- Supporting community projects in Camross, Ballaghmore, Clough/Ballacolla and other towns and villages in the area.
- Delivery of more vital infrastructure such as housing, water, public lighting and footpaths in the Borris-In-Ossory area.