John was co-opted as a Member of Tipperary County Council in July 2020, replacing Garret Ahearn, following his election to Seanad Éireann.
John is an Auctioneer/Valuer; married to Anne, they have three children. Originally from Golden, John went to school in Thomastown NS, and Rockwell College, Cashel.
John lives in Clerihan and works as an Estate Agent in Clonmel, on a daily basis. He has been involved in the town and general community for many decades and continues to be a well known and approachable figure in the Clonmel Municipal District. John has a huge interest in the development of the town centre, to achieve a busier and vibrant town for locals and visitors.
Issues of particular interest:
- Urban Renewal (Town Centre Revitalisation)
- Public Housing Policy
- Public Infrastructure (Roads and Water)
- Employment Solutions for young people in the community
- Tidy Towns and Villages and Raising Awareness about the Environment
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Health and Support Services
Connect With John