Hildegarde was appointed as a Minister of State at the Dept. of Climate Action and Transport on 27 June, 2020. She will attend Cabinet meetings, and has responsibility for Transport.
Hildegarde was elected as a TD in 2016, and was member of a number of Oireachtas Committees, including: Communications, Climate Action and Environment (Chair); Future of Healthcare; and Budgetary Scrutiny. Hildegarde was a primary school teacher and previously served as a member of Galway City Council in 2009 and was Mayor of the city in 2011/2012.
- Chicago Board of Trade – Commodities Market
- APC Multinational Galway – Technical Support
- University of Lille, France – Language Teacher
- Co-ordinator of 2007 People in Need raising over €300,000 for charities in Galway
- St. Patricks’ NS Galway City – Primary Teacher
- Actively involved in the Arts in Galway for over 20 years
- Scoil Mhuire, Oranmore
- Calasanctius College, Oranmore
- NUI, Galway: – B.A Economics & French – M.A French
- Mary Immaculate College: – Post Grad. Dip Primary Teaching
News & Statements
Statement by Minister Hildegarde Naughton
Hildegarde Naughton has said she is honoured to have been appointed as a Minister of State attending cabinet in the new Government.
New literacy strategy must put stronger emphasis on digital literacy – Naughton
The new Literacy and Numeracy strategy due to be updated at the end of 2020 must include a heavy emphasis on digital literacy as the digitalisation of work and education continues apace, a Fine Gael TD has said.
Government taking decisive action on online political advertising - Naughton
THE Government has shown its intent to take political interference on social media seriously after Cabinet approved a proposal to regulate online political advertising, a Fine Gael TD has said.