Hildegarde Naughton, TD
Hildegarde Naughton is Minister of State at the Department of Transport with special responsibility for International and Road Transport and Logistics, Minister of State at the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications with special responsibility for Postal Policy and Eircodes; and Minister of State the Department of Justice (Temporary) with special responsibility for Civil and Criminal Justice.
Hildegarde was elected as a TD in 2016, and was member of a number of Oireachtas Committees, including: Communications, Climate Action and Environment (Chair); Future of Healthcare; and Budgetary Scrutiny. Hildegarde was a primary school teacher and previously served as a member of Galway City Council in 2009 and was Mayor of the city in 2011/2012.
- Chicago Board of Trade – Commodities Market
- APC Multinational Galway – Technical Support
- University of Lille, France – Language Teacher
- Co-ordinator of 2007 People in Need raising over €300,000 for charities in Galway
- St. Patricks’ NS Galway City – Primary Teacher
- Actively involved in the Arts in Galway for over 20 years
- Scoil Mhuire, Oranmore
- Calasanctius College, Oranmore
- NUI, Galway: – B.A Economics & French – M.A French
- Mary Immaculate College: – Post Grad. Dip Primary Teaching