Senator Garret Ahearn
Garret was elected as a Member of Seanad Éireann in 2020, and as such, ceases to be a County Councillor. His replacement, John FitzGerald, will be co-opted at the earliest opportunity.
“It was an honour and privilege to represent the Clonmel Electoral Area at Tipperary County Council. With several challenges and opportunities facing the county at present, I continue to work for Clonmel and Tipperary as a strong and fresh voice.
My Priorities Are:
- Kickham Barracks & Sports Hub : Having secured investment funding, ensuring this transformative project will deliver real benefits soon for local residents, businesses and visitors to our town.
- Rural Regeneration : Working with local communities to deliver funding from the Rural Regeneration Fund, LEADER, Town & Village Renewal Scheme, Sports Capital Grants, Local Improvement Scheme, Community Enhancement Scheme & CLár
- Mental Health : Campaigning for Jigsaw to be based in Clonmel and to restore services lost over the past decade.
- Agriculture : Supporting our Agri Food Industry during Brexit. Working closely with the local farming organisations in Tipperary to protect and develop local agriculture.
- Investment in Education : Ensuring top class education for our young people through extra investment in Primary and Secondary Schools as well as in LIT Clonmel and the ETB.
- Rural Broadband : Making sure Government follows through on the commitment to roll-out high speed broadband nationwide.
20 Parnell Street