Garret was elected as a Member of Seanad Éireann recently, and as such, ceases to be a County Councillor. A replacement will be co-opted in due course.
“It was an honour and privilege to represent the Clonmel Electoral Area at Tipperary County Council. With several challenges and opportunities facing the county at present, I continue to work for Clonmel and Tipperary as a strong and fresh voice.
My Priorities Are:
- Kickham Barracks & Sports Hub : Having secured investment funding, ensuring this transformative project will deliver real benefits soon for local residents, businesses and visitors to our town.
- Rural Regeneration : Working with local communities to deliver funding from the Rural Regeneration Fund, LEADER, Town & Village Renewal Scheme, Sports Capital Grants, Local Improvement Scheme, Community Enhancement Scheme & CLár
- Mental Health : Campaigning for Jigsaw to be based in Clonmel and to restore services lost over the past decade.
- Agriculture : Supporting our Agri Food Industry during Brexit. Working closely with the local farming organisations in Tipperary to protect and develop local agriculture.
- Investment in Education : Ensuring top class education for our young people through extra investment in Primary and Secondary Schools as well as in LIT Clonmel and the ETB.
- Rural Broadband : Making sure Government follows through on the commitment to roll-out high speed broadband nationwide.
I am seeking your support to do that work and asking you to commit your Number 1 vote and #GoWithGarret on Friday May 24th.