Hildegarde Naughton is a TD in the 32nd Dáil and is a member of a number of Oireachtas Committees, including: Communications, Climate Action and Environment (Chair); Future of Healthcare; and Budgetary Scrutiny. Hildegarde was a primary school teacher and previously served as a member of Galway City Council in 2009 and was Mayor of the city in 2011/2012.
- Chicago Board of Trade – Commodities Market
- APC Multinational Galway – Technical Support
- University of Lille, France – Language Teacher
- Co-ordinator of 2007 People in Need raising over €300,000 for charities in Galway
- St. Patricks’ NS Galway City – Primary Teacher
- Actively involved in the Arts in Galway for over 20 years
- Scoil Mhuire, Oranmore
- Calasanctius College, Oranmore
- NUI, Galway: – B.A Economics & French – M.A French
- Mary Immaculate College: – Post Grad. Dip Primary Teaching
News & Statements
Fianna Fáil and the Greens putting politics ahead of patients - Naughton
Both parties want to jeopardise plans for essential elective hospitals
Naughton brings Ireland’s proposals for Digital Safety Commissioner to International Grand Committee
The Chair of the Oireachtas Communications Committee will update international colleagues on Ireland’s proposals to legislate for a Digital Safety Commissioner at a specialist meeting in Canada this week.
Google needs to explain how election transparency rules failed to catch website targeting Maria Walsh - Naughton
Google will have to answer why they failed to uphold commitments on European election transparency after a website targeting Maria Walsh because of her sexuality was promoted through paid ads, a Fine Gael TD has said.