Hildegarde Naughton is a TD in the 32nd Dáil and is a member of a number of Oireachtas Committees, including: Communications, Climate Action and Environment (Chair); Future of Healthcare; and Budgetary Scrutiny. Hildegarde was a primary school teacher and previously served as a member of Galway City Council in 2009 and was Mayor of the city in 2011/2012.
- Chicago Board of Trade – Commodities Market
- APC Multinational Galway – Technical Support
- University of Lille, France – Language Teacher
- Co-ordinator of 2007 People in Need raising over €300,000 for charities in Galway
- St. Patricks’ NS Galway City – Primary Teacher
- Actively involved in the Arts in Galway for over 20 years
- Scoil Mhuire, Oranmore
- Calasanctius College, Oranmore
- NUI, Galway: – B.A Economics & French – M.A French
- Mary Immaculate College: – Post Grad. Dip Primary Teaching
News & Statements
Google needs to explain how election transparency rules failed to catch website targeting Maria Walsh - Naughton
Google will have to answer why they failed to uphold commitments on European election transparency after a website targeting Maria Walsh because of her sexuality was promoted through paid ads, a Fine Gael TD has said.
Naughton to attend Open Government Partnership Summit on internet safety
The Chair of the Oireachtas Communications Committee has been invited to attend the Open Government Partnership Summit in Canada later this month.
Microbeads ban on the Government’s priority legislation list – Naughton
A new Bill designed to ban microbeads has been added to the Government’s priority legislation programme, a Fine Gael TD has said.