Hildegarde Naughton is a TD in the 32nd Dáil and is a member of a number of Oireachtas Committees, including: Communications, Climate Action and Environment (Chair); Future of Healthcare; and Budgetary Scrutiny. Hildegarde was a primary school teacher and previously served as a member of Galway City Council in 2009 and was Mayor of the city in 2011/2012.
- Chicago Board of Trade – Commodities Market
- APC Multinational Galway – Technical Support
- University of Lille, France – Language Teacher
- Co-ordinator of 2007 People in Need raising over €300,000 for charities in Galway
- St. Patricks’ NS Galway City – Primary Teacher
- Actively involved in the Arts in Galway for over 20 years
- Scoil Mhuire, Oranmore
- Calasanctius College, Oranmore
- NUI, Galway: – B.A Economics & French – M.A French
- Mary Immaculate College: – Post Grad. Dip Primary Teaching
News & Statements
Commissioner to work with Naughton towards EU regulation of social media
The EU Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society has agreed to work with Fine Gael TD Hildegarde Naughton towards regulating social media with EU-wide legislation.
Naughton to press Commissioner on EU-wide legislation to regulate social media
Fine Gael TD and Chair of the Oireachtas Communications Committee, Hildegarde Naughton, will tomorrow [Tues] press the EU Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society to propose legislation to regulate social media.
Naughton secures agreement to work towards a UN convention on social media governance
Fine Gael TD Hildegarde Naughton attended the ‘International Grand Committee’ in Westminster today and signed ‘International Principles for the law governing the internet’ on behalf of the Oireachtas Committee on Communications.