Now that we are Level 5 living with Covid, Local Online Shopping in Ireland has never been simpler than it is right now and given what has happened with Brexit, shopping locally online will create a lot less hassle AND will support your local economy. Many shops offer purchases online or by phone for home delivery or collection
- Throughout 2020 over 12k local Irish businesses availed of the trading online voucher of €2500 updating or creating their websites. So, we have much better opportunities now to avail of Irish online shopping.
- However, IF you are shopping online outside of Ireland shoppers will need to be mindful that when buying from a UK based website they may incur additional costs, and that their current EU consumer rights will no longer automatically apply.
- Consumers should carefully check the terms and conditions of the individual UK website they are purchasing from to determine its returns policy.
- Consumers may also face additional charges as packages received from the UK (excluding Nor
thern Ireland) will be subject to VAT and other charges from 1 January. Higher charges may apply to goods that are not made in the UK.
- It may also be more difficult to resolve a dispute with a retailer based in the UK
Check out ccpc.ie for more information and remember to always #Lookforlocal first