1) Fine Gael established a Brexit Response Working Group to aid the preparations in advance on Brexit. Fine Gael’s priority has always been focused on a number of issues, they are: our economic and trading arrangements, the Northern Ireland Peace Process including border issues, the common travel area, and the future of the European Union.
Find out more here: www.BrexitResponse.ie
2) Last night we held two Brexit Response Public Meetings to hear the concerns and views of people right across the country. One in Louth:
…and one in Westmeath:
3) The Louth meeting was hosted by Deputies Fergus O’Dowd and Peter Fitzpatrick. Guest speaker was Minister Simon Coveney.
4) The Westmeath meeting was hosted by Senator Gabrielle McFadden and Deputy Peter Burke. Guest speaker was Minister Leo Varadkar.
5) There was a lot of people at the Louth meeting.
Deputies Fergus O’Dowd and Peter Fitzpatrick said:
“The meeting was a great opportunity for people from all political and non-political backgrounds to come along and partake in an interactive and informative Brexit discussion. Some strong views were aired and overall I feel a lot was learned on the night.”
6) There was also a lot of people at the Westmeath meeting.
…an awful lot…
Peter Burke TD and Senator Gabrielle McFadden said:
“Last night’s meeting was very constructive and provided an important opportunity for people to air their views and concerns in the context of Brexit. Our priority is to ensure that people and jobs within our constituency are protected during the upcoming negotiations.”
You can find out where our next Brexit Response Public Meeting is here: www.BrexitResponse.ie