Cllr Danny Byrne
Danny Byrne has been living in Dublin since 2005, and in Ringsend for the past number of years. Educated in The Tourism College. Killybegs and the IT Tallaght. He is a qualified Hotel manager and has held senior posts in The Shelbourne Hotel and The KIidare Street & University Club.
Danny returned to education in 2016. qualified as an estate agent and now works in a South City practice.
Danny is a member of the Poolbeg Boat Club & The RDS.
He is a volunteer with the St Vincent de Paul Society and a Peace Commissioner.
His Main priorities for Dublin City Council are:
- Improved Community Policing – more resources invested in local Gardaí/ community liaison officers
- Incinerator – air and water quality should be monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Street Cleaning – this should be more coordinated and stepped up following storms/ Autumn leaf fall
- Bicycle lanes – they need to be improved in the area and cycling made safer for all concerned
- The protection and preservation of green spaces/parks – which are already too little in the inner city area.