Cllr Derek Mitchell
Having been a Councillor for 20 years I want to show you some of the issues which I have worked on and those which I hope to work on after the local elections:
- I led the campaign to rebuild the harbour, it is now one of the best leisure harbours in Ireland and a good town focal point. The first harbour built on the open sea in Ireland since Rosslare Harbour in 1906.
- DART & trains to Kilcoole. Led 22 year campaign to get DART. Wrote a paper on improvements needed now.
- N11 Upgrade. I have lobbied for years and a major design study is now underway and it is included in National Development Plan. Public consultation day held in Glenview Hotel.
- Lobbied for more services and held meetings in Greystones, Kilcoole & Newcastle about Bus Connects improvements. Lobbied for express buses on N11 and bus priority.
Other issues which I have worked on:
- Park n’ Ride site
- Greystones Way & other walks
- bike racks at DART
- protecting Bray Head
- new schools
- St. Patricks Day parade
- Swimming Pool & Sports hall