Ray is the City Councillor representing the communities of the North Inner City.
Ray was first elected in 2009 and has been re-elected at subsequent Local Elections in 2014 and 2019.
He intends seeking a fourth term as your City Councillor at the 2024 Local Elections.
Ray serves as Chair of Dublin City Council’s Planning & Urban Form Strategic Policy Committee. Among the issues he has worked in this role since 2019 include:
- The preparation of a new Dublin City Heritage Plan adopted recently.
- Reviewing the Retail Strategy for the City Centre to attract Dubliners and tourists alike, back into our City Centre.
- Updating the Special Planning Scheme for O’Connell Street.
- Considering how Dublin City Council can help in the delivery of better quality and more affordable childcare facilities.
- Overseeing the initial stages of the City Edge project in the Long Mile Road area.
- Assessing how to better implement Derelict Sites and Vacant Sites legislation.
- Leading the review of the Dublin City Development Plan and overseeing the process of preparing a new planning rule book for the city that came into effect on December 14th, 2022.
Ray, has for the last two years, chaired the Dublin Central Area Committee of Dublin City Council. In that time, he has ensured that major housing and infrastructure projects are advanced across the North Inner City.
As your LOCAL Councillor, Ray is determined and focused on delivering for the communities of the North Inner City.
- Delivering new and better housing
- Delivering quality visible community policing
- Delivering cleaner streets
- Delivering better roads and local footpaths
Others talk but Ray delivers for the communities of the North Inner City.