Enda was elected as a member of Leitrim County Council in May 2019, and was elected as Cathaoirleach of the Council for 2019-20.
Since losing his seat in 2014, Enda continued to work for his community and using his close connections with his party in government, he has lobbied successfully to ensure delivery of some major funding and infrastructural projects for the area including:
- The Development of the Blue Way at Acres to Leitrim Village & The Lough Allen Hotel
- Funding for a 2nd Food Hub through Enterprise Ireland (on the Dowra Road)
- Provision of a new Autism extension at St Patrick’s Primary School
- Enhancements through the Dept. of Rural and Community Affairs of the current Food Hub leading to the creation of more than 30 jobs
- Town and Village works at Ballinamore Road and Carrick Road (Lights/footpaths and safety measures)
Enda lives in Drumshanbo, he is married to Jenny and they have one son Caleb in 3rd level education. Enda was a member of Leitrim County Council from 2004 to 2014; during this time he worked hard ensuring better roads, town and village improvements including sewerage schemes and amenity and playground developments.
Enda is currently involved in a number of organisations including;
- Drumshanbo Community Council/Food Hub, Chairman
- Leitrim Calling Service
- Murhaun Parish Council
- Leitrim Enterprise Fund
- Board of Management Drumshanbo Vocational and Primary Schools
- Allen Gaels GAA club Finance Committee
“I am delighted to return to Leitrim County Council, to continue the task of bringing more funding to develop our area’s full potential for job creation, and to ensure we have the best quality of life for our citizens young and old.”