Marcella Corcoran Kennedy TD is former Minister of State for Health Promotion, the first ever Fine Gael minister in Offaly. She was elected to Dáil Éireann in the 2011 General Election and successfully re-elected in 2016.
Marcella is a member of the:
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on the Future of Mental Health Care
- Special Committee on Climate Action
- Houses of the Oireachtas Commission
She is Vice Chairwoman of the newly established Women’s Parliamentary Caucus.
She is former Chairwoman of Joint Oireachtas Committee on Jobs Enterprise and Innovation
Marcella is a former member of Offaly County Council
- Former Chairwoman of Midlands Regional Authority
- Former Chairwoman of Fine Gael Council of local Representatives
- Former member of Fine Gael Executive Council
Marcella is a keen volunteer and is Chairwoman of the board of Birr Theatre and Arts Centre. She is Co-founder and chairwoman of ‘OFFLine’ film festival in Birr, Co. Offaly and is a founding member of ‘Film Offaly’, Offaly’s Film Commission.
News & Statements
Service levels for Youth Mental Health in Laois/ Offaly must be maintained - Corcoran Kennedy
Service levels for Youth Mental Health in Laois/ Offaly must be maintained, a Fine Gael TD has said.
Online public consultation portal a marvellous move for democracy- Corcoran Kennedy
An online public consultation portal will soon make it easier for citizens to have their say on both local and national initiatives, a Fine Gael TD has said.
Corcoran Kennedy calls for National Strategy to combat FGM
There must be a National Strategy to combat Female Genital Mutilation, a Fine Gael TD has said.