Marcella Corcoran Kennedy TD is former Minister of State for Health Promotion, the first ever Fine Gael minister in Offaly. She was elected to Dáil Éireann in the 2011 General Election and successfully re-elected in 2016.
Marcella is a member of the:
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on the Future of Mental Health Care
- Special Committee on Climate Action
- Houses of the Oireachtas Commission
She is Vice Chairwoman of the newly established Women’s Parliamentary Caucus.
She is former Chairwoman of Joint Oireachtas Committee on Jobs Enterprise and Innovation
Marcella is a former member of Offaly County Council
- Former Chairwoman of Midlands Regional Authority
- Former Chairwoman of Fine Gael Council of local Representatives
- Former member of Fine Gael Executive Council
Marcella is a keen volunteer and is Chairwoman of the board of Birr Theatre and Arts Centre. She is Co-founder and chairwoman of ‘OFFLine’ film festival in Birr, Co. Offaly and is a founding member of ‘Film Offaly’, Offaly’s Film Commission.
News & Statements
Time for a national committee on FGM – Corcoran Kennedy
It is time for the establishment of a national committee on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), a Fine Gael TD has said.
Gender Pay Gap Bill is a government priority – Corcoran Kennedy
A new Bill designed to tackle the gender pay gap has been added to the Government’s priority legislation programme, a Fine Gael TD has said.
Government seeking additional supports from EU for Midlands region - Corcoran Kennedy
The Government is to seek additional supports from the European Commission to boost development in the Midlands, a Fine Gael TD has said.